Dance n Focus Program Details
We are open for enrollment! Only 30 students per class will be accepted for this intimate training opportunity where students exercise their brain, body, and artistic spirit! Our objective is to integrate strength-building, healthy alignment, and dance concepts that will help students move with freedom both on the dance floor and in everyday life. A limited amount of partial scholarships will be available for qualifying families. Visit the "Register" page under the "Programs" tab above to register and learn more about our tuition assistance program.
"Dance n Focus" is a unique interactive arts program combining dance and photography training for youth. Please see below for our course offerings:
Hip Hop Dance Intensive- Our Hip-Hop Intensives are held on Saturdays from 11am-1pm. Students learn hip hop fundamentals while building confidence, discipline, communication, and community thru participation.
Contemporary/Ballet- Our Contemporary/Ballet Intensives are held Saturdays, 10:00am-11:00am. Our goal is to provide an excellent learning environment through the use of mentorship, performing and creative arts instructions. Our arts based model is designed to develop students self-confidence, unique strengths, and leadership skills. This intensive will emphasize correct technique, fundamentals and a familiarization of contemporary/ballet vocabulary.
Photography- Our Photography Intensive is taught by artist Lamar Anderson, creator and founder of Axum Creative Project. This intensive is held on Fridays, from 3:30-4.30pm. ACP believes education, arts, mentorship, and entrepreneurship are absolutes in engaging youth to participate in positive community building. Students learn basic photography via their camera phone or tablet and produce a photo essay by the end of the course. In this creative, interactive photography/arts education intensive, youth will begin to recognize the creator within and their potential to make life abundant.
- Registration for all classes is available year round by visiting our "Register" Page under the "Programs" tab. Paper registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis. You will receive an email confirmation once registration is completed.
- Our Intensive Programs are designed to accommodate your busy schedule. Due to the overwhelming popularity of our classes, early registration is highly recommended.
- A FULL refund minus a $15 processing fee will be granted for withdrawals made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the start of the class.
- A 50% refund will be granted for withdrawals made in writing to email@example.com between two weeks prior to the beginning of session and the second class meeting.
- No refunds will be granted after the second class.
- Fee for class changes. A $15 fee applies to all class changes. All changes must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes with insufficient enrollment will be canceled and registration fees refunded in original form of payment. If the Garraway Performing Arts Center and/or Axum Creative Project cancels a class before the first meeting, a full refund will be issued. Allow up to billing cycles for all refunds to appear on credit card statements and up to four weeks for refunds checks to be issued.
- Make-up classes, refunds and credit for missed classes are not available.
- No supervision of children provided before or after classes. Early drop-offs and late pick-ups prohibited.
- Enrollment is nontransferable.
- Please provide a note to the teacher when your child will be dropped off or picked up by someone other than a parent.
- We (GPAC & APC) design class curriculum for specific age ranges. We kindly request that age limits be respected.